Car City Retailers Staff Review from North Hollywood, California

The worst car buying experience ever. Hugo and his team not only took my money, but sold me a lemon, and even after all of that delivered poor customer service. Allowed me to leave the lot knowing that paper work wasn't complete. The most unprofessional and rude individuals I have ever dealt with. Gave me the keys and smiled in my face knowing the car was ***. How do they sleep at night knowingly taking advantage of hard working individuals. My attorney is gonna have a field day with this company... Do not buy from here
ID
North Hollywood, California
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Fraudulent Crooks!

DO NOT BUY A CAR FROM THESE PEOPLE!!! I bought a car and the day after I bought it, the check engine light and airbag light went on. After a month of back and forth, and three trips back to them to "fix" it, I still have the same problem. They came to get the car from us to "fix" it and told us they were re-possessing the car from us, even though I put a good deal of money down and haven't missed a payment. Their reasoning is that the bank won't finance the car until they fix it. However; they aren't fixing it - they haven't done anything to it and they have had it for 6 days total! They only unplug the battery to get the check engine light to turn off. They told us the only way they will fix the car is if we lie to the bank and tell them the car is fixed. At this point, I only want my deposit back and they can take the car back. I will take my business to an honest place. They refuse to give me back my deposit and are still threatening to repossess the car, even though the bank tells me they can not do so. My husband is extremely ill and has several doctor appointments a week. It's extremely difficult to get anywhere without a car and these people have gone out of their way to be deceitful and fraudulent!

i have bought 2 cars from Car City Retailers and have not had 1 issue with them. I will be buying my third this week for my son. They are a great dealership and work very well with you.

I also bought a car from them that made a humming sound. When I took it back to them they told me it was the turbo and that it was normal.

I explained to them it did not shut off,even after I turned the ignition off and they told me not to worry it was normal. I picked up the car and noticed it did not make any more humming sounds, but after driving it for a while I noticed the turbo was no longer working.

It turns out their repair was to disconnect the turbo. What comes around goes around because I have 2 friends that are looking for cars and they could have had 2 more customers, but now I recommended to my friends to go elsewhere.

View more comments (1)
ID
Las Vegas, Nevada
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article